recipe - spicy croutons

I love spicy food. My mom has been making these spicy croutons my whole life, and now I make them all the time. They are great in chile's, any kind of stew, and excellent on caesar salads! 

Spicy Croutons
1/2 cup of olive oil 
3/4 cup of hot sauce (I like mine really spicy, but you can always substitute more olive oil if you want it less spicy)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano flakes
1 tsp basil flakes
2 cloves of garlic
10 slices of dry bread (sourdough rye works out the best)

this makes about 5 servings of croutons


- cut the bread into little bite size pieces
- preheat oven to 375°


- mix all the ingredients in a large bowl 
- toss in the bread
- mix thoroughly


- oil a baking pan and lay the croutons on top
- turn them every 10 minutes for about 30 minutes, or until they are to desired crispyness


- Enjoy!