gluten + dairy free banana muffins

banana, chocolate, chip, muffins, gluten free, dairy free, delicious

I can eat gluten, but I enjoy eating gluten free. I feel less full, and I love the taste of rice and almond flour. When baking with rice flour it is best to use corn starch or some sort of thickener, I think it makes the baked good less crumbly. I do however have an allergy to dairy. I can eat goat and sheep products, but not cow, I have an allergy to the protein in it. So I do all my cooking and baking dairy free.

gluten + dairy free banana chocolate chip muffins

dry ingredients
1 cup almond flour (also called almond meal)
1 cup white rice flour
2 Tbsp organic corn starch
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

wet ingredients
3 med/large ripe bananas (when my bananas get too ripe I put them in the freezer, then when I'm ready to make banana muffins or bread I take them out and thaw them - makes the perfect consistency)
2 eggs
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 lemon grated zest OR 1/4 tsp lemon concentrate

- preheat oven to 350°
- mix dry ingredients in a big bowl


- whisk wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
- fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients
- pour the mix into the muffins cups



- bake for 30 minutes, until golden - you can check the middle muffin with a tooth pick to make sure they are cooked


Enjoy!