clinique redness solutions


Welcome to my first beauty post. I don't wear a lot of makeup (I don't think I even own a lip stick, I'm more of a chap stick lip balm type girl) and I love making my own little beauty concoctions, you can find one here. Anyway, I decided to share some of the beauty products that I DO use, in addition to creating some more DIY beauty products.

The other day I went for a little trip off my little island to a bigger island, Vancouver Island to be exact, for a little time away and to do some shopping. I was running out of my favourite foundation so I walked into The Bay to purchase more. I was super excited when I found out they are having a promotion: spend $31 and receive a 7-piece gift bag, which was great because my make-up was $33.


I received:
- even better skin tone corrections moisturizer SPF 20 cream
- dramatically different moisturizing lotion
- chubby stick intense moisturizing lip colour balm in heftiest hibiscus
- take the day off makeup remover for lids, lashes, and lips
- high impact mascara in black
- square fusion compact eye shadow in neutral territory

This was great, because now I get to try all these products while I would never actually buy them myself (way to go Clinique - you got me). And, they are all decent sized products and great for traveling. I'll let you know how they go.

What I really want to talk about though is this: Clinique redness solutions makeup. I've been using it for over a year now, and I can't bring myself to use anything else. I have fairly pale, dry, freckly skin, and so it's been hard to find something that I love. I love it because I find it DOES reduce the look of my red skin, but also DOESN'T cover up my cute little freckles (yes, I've come to love them over the years and I'm not afraid to call them cute). I also like that it has no smell and has SPF 15, which again, is great for my fair skin. I purchased a bottle a year ago, and I'm only now having to buy another. I don't use much, you don't need much, and so it lasts a long time. Do you have a favourite Clinique product?