the dresses - golden globes 2014


Last nights golden globes had some beautiful dresses. I didn't actually get to watch the golden globes, I was working late and then well, I don't have tv, but I did get to see all the recaps and best moments on the internet. My favourite part, can you guess, the gowns. Here are some of my favourites.


Surprise Surprise, I'm starting with Jennifer Lawrence, remember how I just posted about her. She won Best Supporting Actress in American Hustle, yay!

So there was some controversy over this dress. Some people loved it, some hated it, some even mocked it. Maybe not one of my favourite dresses, but she still looks beautiful. I think that it would look better if it didn't have that extra black band around the hip. But I'm not the designer, and I'm not going to tell Raf Simons what to do. His designs are beautiful. This one is rather minimalistic, but maybe that is what I like about it? What do you think?


Allison Williams in Alexander McQueen. I think she looks stunning here. I also really like the way this look is styled, the perfect amount jewelry. 

Also note: last night was the season premiere of Girls. 


Cate Blanchett in Armani: looking glamourous, as always. 


Elisabeth Moss in J. Mendel. This dress is very flattering on her, hugs her is all the right places. I love the geometric shaped beading, it adds a great texture to a shift like silhouette.

Did you see what she did in the mani cam? Where have I been, I didn't even know what a mani cam was until last night. Check out what she did here

She won best actress in a mini series or TV movie for "Top of the Lake". 


Amber Heard in Versace. This dress is just beautiful, that's all I have to say. I love the colour, the slit, the ruching, and the silhouette, all of it. (And no, I'm not going to bring up the Angelina Jolie leg thing, if a dress has a slit you're going to show a bit of leg).


Olivia Wilde in Gucci. I have to give props to this lovely lady, she is seriously glowing. The dress is beautiful too. I love sequins, and while I'm not a huge fan of sequins in colour, this green is gorgeous. Also, I love the fact that she wore her hair down and in loose curls. She looks so happy and relaxed. 

Did you have some favourite looks from the Golden Globes? 

Photo's from here