Recipe - Goat Cheesecake Pie


The BEST goat cheesecake pie

This is my go-to dessert for any occasion. I've had a lot of people comment on it, so here it is for all of you to enjoy. I can't eat cow dairy, so one year for my birthday my mom found this amazing recipe for goat cheesecake. I'm not sure where the original recipe came from, but this is my little version of it. The pie portion of the name comes from my boyfriend, stating that it is neither and cake nor a pie, but a mixture of both (maybe the crust makes it a pie?).

If you have a food processor it makes it a lot faster, but if you'd like you can use a wooden spoon to mix the pasty portion and a whisk for the filling.

You can make it in a tart pan or a springform pan, in this post I used a tart pan.

Pastry
1 1/4 cup unbleached white flour
1/3 cup almond flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
9 Tablespoons butter (I use Soy Free Earth Balance, but you can use regular butter if you would like)
1 egg yolk
pinch of salt

- in a food processor mix the flours, sugar, salt and butter.
- then add the egg yolk. Blend until soft.
- butter the pan, then press the pastry into it -- pressing it up on the side to form a 'bowl'.


- freeze for 30 min.
- then bake at 375° for 15 min.

Filling
300 g soft goat cheese
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla (if you want, you can substitute concentrated lemon juice for a different taste)

- reduce oven temperature to 350°
- in a food processor blend the cheese and sugar, then the egg and vanilla, blend until creamy.


- scrape into the crust (the pastry can rise a bit from baking, so just take a fork and push down to make a nice 'bowl' for the filling)
- bake for 20 min. then cool.


This can be topped with fresh fruit, a berry compote, chocolate, or nothing at all, it tastes delicious on its own.

Chocolate sauce
- use your favourite chocolate chips, I use dark chocolate
- pour into a small pot over low heat and stir constantly until all is melted --- do not over cook, burnt chocolate does not taste good.
- then I put the sauce on some parchment paper and wrapped it around to make a cone, then drizzled the chocolate over the plate.

Fruit compote
- use the fruit or berry of your choice, I used strawberries.
- pour them into a small pot over low heat and stir constantly, until they are all melted. You can add a bit of sugar, but I find the cake-pie sweet enough so I don't add any.


If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Enjoy!